Advanced Manufacturing: a New Career Path for your Success
Valencia College, a member of the Florida TRADE consortium, has been honored by the Department of Labor with a $15 million dollar grant to help fill highly sought after jobs in the exciting field of Advanced Manufacturing.
Our objective is to put Unemployed Workers and Veterans back to work in the High Tech Advanced Manufacturing Industry. Our National Certification programs will lead to paid Internships and jobs with leading Central Florida Manufacturing companies who are Partnering with us in this Program.
The current programs available to start your training are as follows:.
- Workplace Effectiveness – is the first course. It is a 20 hour class focused on developing your Interpersonal Skills like; communicating with impact, speaking with confidence and getting the key information you need to perform your job. In addition, Professionalism and Initiative are taught on a level to increase competency and responsibility and your ability to succeed.
- Workplace Fundamentals – is a 36 hour course developed to increase your business savvy. Build around Teamwork, Adaptability, Customer Service and Effective Decision making. Finally, you are prepared with the basic skills in computer word processing and handling simple spreadsheets. This is a key to every level of an organization.
- Certified Production Technician (CPT) – is a 160 hour course recognized nationally within the manufacturing community. The Manufacturing Skills Standards Council (MSSC) is the governing body that tests and certifies individuals for this certification. The education is focused around key skills needed with the manufacturing sector like; Safety, Quality and Measurements, Processes and Production and Maintenance Awareness. This cornerstone course is taught in a classroom and on-line setting. The direction of this course leads the student to possible internships with our local manufacturers.
- CNC Production Specialist – this 8 week 320 hour course is currently on the drawing board and will be offered soon. The Computer Numerical Control (CNC) Production Specialist position is internationally recognized. This course offers a pathway to one of the most sought after positions in today’s high-tech production manufacturing marketplace. You will start with the basics of CNC machining. It will start with turning and milling and proceed with one of the most advanced computer simulation tools to understand the mechanics. Then you will get hands-on experience with these big machines and put your training to use.
- Analytical Troubleshooting – this is our 40 hour premier course focused on “root cause analysis and risk management for manufacturing”. Troubleshooting skills are highly valued in today’s fast-paced environment and no manufacturer can do without it. Become a more valuable employee and increase your business awareness through this process.
- Green Certification - a 40 hour extension of the MSSC program focused on critical work functions for Green Production. This is the 5th module in the CPT program and a candidate must have the CPT certification to advance to this program. Green focuses on the Environment, preventive processes, reduction of waste, recycling and other environmentally sensitive issues.
- OSHA 30 – is a 30 hour class built around the governments Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) agency. This supervisory level class is designed for candidates wanting to focus their career path in the field of Safety. This is becoming mandatory in the future and your education in this field is critical to any manufacturing process.
Courses Start in September.
For more information please contact 407-582-5032 or email Vanessa Berrios.
This webpage was funded in whole by a $15,000,000 TAACCCT grant awarded by the U.S. Department of Labor's Employment and Training Administration.